Bestlaminate is here to inspire you with 3 ways to transform your basement! Basements are often forgotten, used for storage and the space is simply wasted. It is time to organize your basement and make it the functional and fabulous space it should be.
The first step when remodeling your basement is considering the walls. Do you like the color? Are the walls healthy and do they look good? Take the necessary steps to make your walls look fresh and smooth. It is the canvas to your space, so well maintained walls will make a tremendous difference.
Once your walls are fresh and painted, take a look at the flooring. Laminate flooring and vinyl plank flooring are both outstanding basement flooring solutions.
- Laminate flooring is great for basements because it brings the warmth of nature into a space that is normally considered cool and drab. With the right moisture barrier underlayment, your laminate flooring will be protected from moisture seeping up. Since laminate is DIY friendly, you can install it yourself and make the project very affordable.
- Vinyl Plank flooring is a very popular basement flooring solution. Made of 100% virgin vinyl, this flooring is fully water proof. If you are concerned about flooding, vinyl plank flooring will withstand any amount of moisture and can even be uninstalled, dried, and reinstalled. In addition, it bring the beautiful warm look of nature into your space just like real wood would, without the risk of damage.
Take a look at the lighting situation in your basement. It is very likely that lighting is limited in your basement, and you need some upgrades. Basements are often thought of as dark and gloomy, but with the right lighting you can bring the energy of the sun into your space. Invest in standing lamps, table lamps, and most of all, see what you can do with the ceiling lighting. Look for options that will produce the maximum amount of lighting possible.
Looking to redo your basement? Already have a project in the works? Tell us all about it in the comments below! We would love to hear your design ideas!
More Basement Ideas:
- Home Remodeling Projects For The New Year
- Tour the Ultimate Basement for Entertaining
- 5 Ideas for Your Basement Renovation