Commercial laminate flooring is one of the best flooring options for a business. Consider the amount of traffic you expect for the installation area, and what kind of durability you are looking for. Keep in mind what kind of traffic your floor will see, whether it may be foot traffic or rolling loads like carts or forklifts.
What Makes Commercial Flooring Special?
The durability is what makes commercial laminate flooring so special! Most commercial laminate has an AC rating of AC4 or higher. The higher the rating, the more durable the flooring. If you are installing in an area that requires very high durability, opt for an AC5 rated floor. Most residential applications don’t need this high a durability rating. Unless you have rowdy children and pets that is!
Why Laminate Is Best For Commercial Spaces
Not only does the durability stand up to the test, but laminate flooring has lots of other inherent abilities as well! Laminate flooring is an outstanding option for commercial application because of the following qualities:
- Scratch Resistance: Laminate flooring is great for use in spaces with heavy foot traffic. Show rooms, offices, or stores are great places to install laminate flooring. Since the surface is scratch resistant, you don’t have to worry about the traffic damaging your floor
- Moisture Resistance: Laminate flooring is moisture resistant. Any everyday spills or accidents can be simply wiped up. This makes laminate flooring easy to maintain, and cleaning the surface is as simple as a light mopping or sweeping. Keep in mind that the surface is not waterproof so if that is what you are looking for, opt for vinyl plank flooring. It offers the look and durability of laminate, with a 100% virgin vinyl core.
- Fade Resistance: Laminate flooring is fade resistant. If you are installing in an area that has constant sun exposure, you don’t have to worry about your laminate losing its color and glow. The surface is made to resist harmful UV rays and look like new for years.
- Stain Resistance: Laminate flooring is stain resistant. You don’t have to worry about your floors staining from everyday substances like coffee, marker, or paint. Most stains can be cleaned up with a simple mopping, while the tough stains like permanent marker can be treated with acetone. Laminate flooring is resistant to most household chemicals, making acetone harmless and a great way to remove tough stains.
But don’t just take our word for it! See how resistant laminate flooring is below!
Have you installed commercial laminate flooring in your business? Tell us all about it in the comments below!
More About Commercial Flooring:
- Can laminate flooring be used in commercial settings?
- Can Vinyl be Used in Commercial Applications?
- New Flooring Solutions for Commercial Spaces – Click Vinyl Plank Flooring