Knowing how to clean laminate floors is the first step to keeping them beautiful for years to come! Laminate floors are designed to be easy to clean and easy to maintain. We’ve prepared a few tips for you that might come in handy!
Invest in a Microfiber Cloth
Buy yourself a good quality mop with a removable microfiber cloth. Keep a couple extra microfiber cloths handy this way when one gets a little too used you can toss it and you’re onto the next.
DIY Cleaning Solution
- Mix 1 cup of white distilled vinegar with 1 gallon of water.
- Spray onto problem areas or mop entire surface
Professional Cleaning Solution
If you want to use a store bought cleaning solution, be sure to read the product information to make sure it is safe for laminate. Bestlaminate recommends Alloc Free & Clean Laminate Cleaner. It is safe for your flooring and gets the job done!
Believe it or not Acetone can help with just about anything! Okay, maybe not ANYTHING… but it can remove some common stains like permanent marker or crayons from your flooring easily!
Lastly… here are a few do’s and don’ts to remember when taking care of your laminate flooring:
- Use polishes or waxes
- Sand or vanish the flooring
- Use a steam cleaner – The moisture could ruin your flooring
- Use cleaners not made for laminate flooring
- Clean with abrasives, steel wool, or scouring pads
- Vacuum without proper wood floor attachments
- Wipe up spills & excess moisture immediately
- Put felt pads on the bottom of furniture to avoid scratches
- Sweep or dry mop regularly to avoid dirt from accumulating and creating micro scratches
We hope you keep these helpful hints in mind on how to clean laminate floors next time you’re tidying up your home! Do you have any more questions? Leave us a comment and we will be glad to help you!
*This post was updated from 2010 to give you a better reading experience and better tips on cleaning your laminate flooring!