Don’t you just love that very attractive scratch on your skin? Don’t worry because your body will make sure it heals naturally! Unfortunately the scratches on your laminate floor won’t heal so they are going to need repairing. But how do you repair laminate flooring? Laminate floor repairs are easier and much more cost efficient then hardwood floors.
Another solution that Bestlaminate actually recommends to all customers will be a Roberts laminate floor repair kit. Not only does it repair laminate flooring, you can also repair wood floors, furniture, counters, molding, and vinyl floors with it. Let us tell you why this solution is special. The set comes with easy to use instructions, 5 colors to use or mix, a spoon, an empty container to mix the colors, and a formula chart so you know what colors to mix. It’s simple to match the color of your floor! Refer to the formula chart when you need to mix colors. If you have to mix any colors then you can use the convenient spoon and empty container provided.
How To Repair Laminate Flooring
- First, you’ll need to make sure the area you are trying to fix is clean. Be sure to wipe away any dirt or dust that may be there.
- Five pre-filled colors come in the Roberts packaging so if they match the color of your floor then use them. If not, the Roberts repair kit provides you with formulas so you can mix the colors that give you the appropriate color to match your floor. To make the mixing easy, Roberts has provided an empty container and a spoon.
- After mixing the colors well enough then you will want to apply it to the scratch(s). Be sure to wipe away any extra or unwanted paste before it has enough time to dry. You’ll want to avoid the area for a little while so it can dry. Roberts suggests about 1 hour is enough time. If it isn’t dry then give it plenty of time!
In conclusion, Robert’s repair kit is the perfect solution to touching up on scratches. With this product, you will be able to match the color of your laminate and have it looking like brand new again. Try looking for the scratch after you’re done. In other words, save yourself time and money now by getting the job done right.
How To Deal With Damage Beyond Repair
What if the damage will take more than a scratch kit to fix? If your floor is severely damaged then the only option is to replace those planks. Hopefully you don’t have to replace the entire floor but only a few planks. Read the article: How to Replace Damaged Laminate Planks to get an in-depth guide on how to replace your damaged laminate flooring planks.
Do you have experience with repairing laminate flooring? Maybe you have a tip about it you would like to share? We love to hear your feedback.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2010 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
More Laminate Flooring Maintenance Guides:
- Laminate Flooring Maintenance in 3 Easy Steps
- 3 Tips How to Keep Your Wood Flooring Well Maintained During the Tough Winter Months
- How to Repair Laminate Flooring: Buckling Laminate Flooring