When shopping for new laminate flooring for your home or office, you’re presented with many options. One you might not be familiar with is attached underlayment!
What Is Attached Underlayment?
Attached underlayment is a special laminate flooring that has underlayment already attached to the backing! It is ideal for DIY-ers because it eliminates the need to buy and install a separate underlayment product, thereby cutting down on the time required to get your new floor in place.
In addition to being convenient, laminate floors with attached underlayment are beneficial because they do the following:
- Cuts down on costs
- Hide or minimize imperfections in the sub-floor
- Absorb sound and reduce noise from footsteps
- Provide a bit of extra cushioning to make the floor more comfortable to walk on
Laminate flooring remains one of the most convenient and affordable choices for your residential or commercial needs. Selecting a product with attached underlayment will make the installation process even easier, so keep this in mind as you shop!
Have you installed laminate flooring that had pre-attached underlayment? How was the installation process? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
More About Attached Underlayment:
- Can I install underlayment under laminate with attached padding?
- Can I use a thick or double layer underlayment with laminate flooring?
- How Thick is Laminate Flooring With Underlayment