Mother’s Day DIY gifts are undeniably the best gifts to give! Made with love, your mothers and grandmothers will appreciate the extra effort that went into making a DIY gift. After cruising Pinterest, I found some awesome DIY gift ideas for mom! I will even be trying a few of these myself. Happy DIY’ing!
- For any mom that loves a little glitz and glamor, try these adorable DIY Pots from Lil Luna and Life.Love.Larson.
- Make a beautiful herb garden that is a rustic charmer with this idea from Camille Styles
- Adorable stepping stones for the garden! You can make any kind of pattern or design – this idea from Sassy Sanctuary is adorable for kids.
- All moms need a little “me” time! Why not make her shower an amazing experience? Making soap by the melt-base method is SO easy. I can’t wait to try this recipe from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Let’s just say I was hooked after the Lemon Soap Recipe on A Pumpkin and a Princess. Her DIY Chocolate Sugar Scrub sounds heavenly!
- There’s nothing better than soaking your feet after a long day at work. Give mom a soothing, stress relieving foot soak that is all-natural from View from the Fridge.
For Candle Lovers:
- Who knew a tin can could look so cute! This is a great craft for the kids, and mom will love lighting them up during the summer. Check out the tutorial on Grow Creative.
- Candles are surprisingly easy to make and will save you money in the long run. Know your mother’s favorite scent? Make her day (and many more days to come) with homemade Soy Candles! Tutorial with printable labels from Going Home to Roost.
- Ok, maybe I was a little too impressed by all of these tin candle tutorials I found, but I just love the simple and industrial flare that these have! Perfect for the patio or deck, mom will appreciate these candles by keeping the bugs away all summer long! Tutorial by Garden Therapy.
From the Heart:
- Very cute project and Mother’s day gift from the whole family! Wood Slice Tutorial by Made to Be a Momma
- Even though this tutorial is from a wedding site, Green Wedding Shoes, I just love this project! This idea is such a great gift for mom to hang on the wall or place on a shelf.
- Looking at this photo, I thought the tutorial would be way harder than it actually is! Make this adorable photo display in a few steps. Tutorial by Shanty 2 Chic.
- Remember your trips together and favorite photos by hanging them on the fridge! This magnet tutorial from Sundae Sins is a cute, and fairly simple DIY gift!
For the Chef:
- Does mom always have a hard time finding her recipe cards? Help her get organized with this stylish recipe binder from Eighteen25.
- Give your mom an adorable recipe holder! The Sewer, The Caker and Copycat Maker shows you how transform these cutting boards into something a little more useful!
- Spruce up mom’s old utensils with some fabric! These utensils are unique and colorful, surely a gift mom will love! Tutorial from Alice & Lois.
For the Fashionista:
- Does mom have a lot of jewelry? Make her favorite pieces make a statement as a wall feature. This Dear Lillie project is so stylish!
- Give mom a necklace made from the heart, with these cute thumbprint pendants from Thats What Che Said!
- Have some old bracelets laying around that could use a re-vamp? Make mom a brand new, trendy Ribbon Bracelet! Love this idea from The Ribbon Retreat.
So there you have it! Some of the gifting Pins I adored. Do you have any that you are making? Share them with us! You can also find more DIY projects on our Pinterest Board.
*All photos and projects are compliments of their authors. We are simply sharing their great work!