Decorating the front entryway of your home is a great way to boost curb appeal. Today I’m sharing a simple DIY welcome sign made out of a laminate flooring plank. You can customize the color, style, and letters to fit the style of your home.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 30-40 Minutes
- Laminate flooring Plank (approximately 50” in length)
- 5” Tall Wood Letters
- Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
1. Choose the laminate flooring plank that bests suites your style. I chose Inhaus Boathouse in Oahu. The plank size is standard at approximately 50.5” X 7.5”. This is the perfect length if you are using 5” tall letters.
2. Remove the stickers from your wood letters and sand any splintered or jagged edges.
3. Protecting your work surface, use craft paint to paint your letters. I used acrylic paint in black to match my front door.
4. Once the letters are dry, lay them out on the flooring plank in the desired position. Make sure they are evenly spaced.
5. Use hot glue to glue on each letter.
This sign makes a great gift and an easy project from any leftover laminate installation planks! A few days after I put this sign up at my front door, I had many requests from neighbors and friends to make them one. You can also embellish them for the holidays by draping it with a leaf garland for fall or a pine garland or twinkle lights for winter.