A basement remodel can be one of the most challenging, but beneficial projects a homeowner may do. Whether it turns into a man-cave, a guest suite, a playroom, or home gym, it can greatly increase the value of a home and create more functional living space.
Creating a space that is warm and cozy, versus damp and dreary is the biggest challenge of all. Most unfinished basements will need insulation, drywall, additional lighting, paint and proper flooring. Let’s talk about the one thing we know – flooring for the basement.
No matter the plans for the basement, a click vinyl flooring is the ideal solution. Float this durable and moisture resistant floor through a playroom room, a bedroom and even a bathroom. It can be installed over a concrete subfloor, requires little tools and no adhesive. Just click and go! Check out more reasons why a click vinyl floor is perfect for any basement transformation.
Working out in the comfort of your own home can be a major benefit, both financially and for your schedule. A vinyl plank floor works well for a home gym because:
- Waterproof. No need to worry about sweating on the floor! Plus, the clean up is easy. No grout lines or carpet fibers to worry about…just use a damp rag or mop with your favorite cleaning solution.
- It’s durable enough for equipment. Most vinyl planks are fiberglass or PVC reinforced, making them solid and stable for exercise equipment.
- Quiet under the foot. Jump, lunge and move as much as you need to without creating loud noises. Acoustic dampening backings are a popular technology addition to vinyl plank floors.
For the ultimate man cave, an in-law suite, or a basement rental, a kitchen or bar is essential. Vinyl is the ultimate pairing for entertaining.
- The Look. With many styles, textures and looks, vinyl plank floors are a seamless and sophisticated addition to a kitchen or bar whether you like tile, stone or wood looks.
- Waterproof. Since vinyl planks are waterproof, spills or appliance issues will not pose a problem. Float this floor throughout the whole basement for a coordinated feel.
- Easy Maintenance. Don’t fear parties or entertaining. Vinyl floors are easy to clean using a damp rag or mop to clean up spills and just a broom or vacuum for everyday maintenance.
- Comfort. Unlike ceramic tile, vinyl floors will not turn cold with weather changes.
Adding a guest bedroom, office or another bedroom for the kids can be a relief for any household in need of some additional personal space. Vinyl plank flooring can create a warm, comfortable feel in any basement bedroom.
- Comfort. Vinyl plank floors absorb noise and do not absorb temperature. Your floors will stay quite and at a stable temperature.
- Stylish. Vinyl floors come in a variety of textures, such as handscraped, smooth and wire-brushed. Floors also featured beveled edges for added elegance, not to mention the large selection of colors.
- Coordinated. If a bedroom is an extension of your basement, you can keep a consistent look throughout. No need to change flooring for different rooms.
Adding a basement bathroom can be a life-saving additional to a home without a first floor bath or a limited number of baths in the home.
- Anti-Slip. Vinyl planks are resin coated creating a rubber-like texture that creates an anti-slip surface.
- Waterproof. As previously mentioned, vinyl planks are moisture resistant, making it suitable for full-bathrooms with showers and bathtubs.
- Easy Installation. With the amount of obstacles in a bathroom, vinyl can be cut to rounded edges easily with a cutting blade. No need for a saw, nails or other tools!
Children and adults of all ages can feel comfortable in a basement outfitted in vinyl.
- Safe. The seamless installation of vinyl reduces risks of tripping and creates a smooth surface that is ADA accessible. There is also no adhesives needed in the installation that may produce additional chemicals into the air.
- Durability. Whether your vinyl floor becomes the next race track for toy cars, or the receiver of a wild billiard ball, you can trust the durability and dent resistance of a vinyl plank floor.
- Maintenance. Stain and moisture resistance makes vinyl ideal for game night or sippy-cup holder.
Have you installed vinyl plank flooring in your basement? What type of space did you create? Tell us about it in the comments below!