What color is the perfect match for laminate flooring for dark cabinets? This question may arise when coordinating with the design and flow of your kitchen. You want to reflect the colors and styles of your furniture. You can always change up paint color, decorations, or accent colors. However, permanent items like flooring and cabinets should coordinate and compliment each other.
Luckily, we have a few tips for you in finding that perfect laminate flooring for dark cabinets:
1. Do Not Color Match
- If it’s not perfect, it will clash
- Too much of the same color can appear overwhelming
- You will not have color contrast and your room can appear boring
2. Opt for Light Colored Laminate
- Pairing dark cabinets with light flooring creates contrast, making the space visually appealing
- Having a light colored flooring will reflect more light around the room
- While light flooring can show more messes, when it is clean it really shines
3. Underlying Tones
- If your cabinets have a natural wood appearance, try matching your laminate to one of those tones
- If your cabinets are a simple dark color, opt for the lighter laminate
- Pay attention to your accent colors, wall color, and furniture to create a cohesive space
No matter which route you go, choose something that you will love for years to come. Purchases like cabinets and flooring are investments to the overall look and feel of a home. Use these as your base for wall hangings and other accessories and your budget will thank you later.
- How do I Choose the Color of Laminate Flooring?
- 5 Laminates Perfect for a Unique Farmhouse Kitchen
- Should I Install Laminate Flooring Before or After I Install My Kitchen Cabinets?