When matching your flooring to your cabinets there might be a few questions that need answered. For example, what laminate flooring color do I use with light cabinets? To achieve a completed and well balanced room your cabinets and flooring – two permanent items within your room – should complement each other to give a well finished look.
When choosing your laminate flooring color to match your cabinets there a few tips that you might want to abide by:
1. Do Not Color Match
- If it’s not perfect, it will clash – some white colors can actually give off a yellow, or magenta tint, so be careful!
- Too much of the same color can appear overwhelming
- You will not have color contrast and your room can appear boring
2. Opt for Darker Colored Laminate
- Pairing light cabinets with dark flooring creates contrast, making the space visually appealing
- The color contrast can create a sense of warmth and completeness in a space.
- Having darker flooring hides the dirt a little bit better than light colored flooring
3. Underlying Tones
- If your cabinets have a natural wood appearance, try matching your laminate to one of those tones
- If your cabinets are a simple light color, opt for the darker laminate
4. Use Replaceable Items
- Items such as furniture and wall paint can be switched out and updated so don’t panic if it doesn’t match
- Form a color scheme and use that pallet to help with picking your laminate
- Think of the room as a whole canvas rather than each project separately