New flooring is one of the best ways to add style to your home. Manufacturers are always updating their collections to be up to date with the current styles and trends, and unfortunately this means that floors from the past are sometimes discontinued. Often, we have situations where customers have damage or want to extend their flooring project, only to find out that their flooring has been discontinued.
What should I do when my flooring is discontinued?
If your flooring is discontinued, we recommend doing the following.
- Identify all the original details of your flooring including the manufacturer’s name, the flooring color name and model number.
- Call the store where you originally purchased the floor. Although it may not be listed as available online or in store, there may still be remaining stock in their warehouse or at the distributor.
- Search online for the exact flooring. It is possible that another retailer still has remaining stock of the discontinued product.
- Check selling platforms such as eBay, Craigslist, Angie’s List, and others. Sometimes, homeowners will post and sell extra boxes of flooring that they no longer need.
If you find a store that has several boxes left in stock, consider buying a few extra boxes so that you will have it available in the event that you would ever need it again. At Bestlaminate, we occasionally have flooring that is discontinued leftover for really great prices in our Remnants section!
I can’t find the discontinued flooring anywhere.What should I do?
If you cannot find the discontinued flooring, here is what we recommend.
- Use the flooring you already have. Do you have the flooring installed in any small closets, a pantry or extra room? You can pull the flooring from these areas to replace any damaged flooring in the main area of your home. By pulling from another area you can preserve the main living space and then focus on a solution for that closet or bedroom. Installing a floor that is a complimenting color in the closet won’t be very noticeable!
- Find a complimenting floor. Here at Bestlaminate, we often help customers find floors that compliment each other well. For example, if you have white flooring in your living room, a grey floor could look nice in an adjacent room. Feel free to mail a swatch of your flooring to our Sample Department, and we will be happy to send you samples of flooring that we have in stock that would compliment what you already have.
- Be careful with matching. Even if you find a floor that is a very close match in color, you have to be mindful of plank width, lengths and thickness.
If you are looking for a discontinued floor, please give us a call at 1-800-520-0961 for assistance! We are happy to double check our stock and sources.