Beveled laminate flooring edges are nothing more than a little grooves between laminate flooring planks. Beveled edges on laminate planks add a natural style reminiscent of hardwood floors to the flooring, giving it a more authentic wood look. Each edge is slightly rounded to give a V-groove between each plank. Each plank is constructed to display its own distinct look presenting an individual separation, unlike square edges which create a seamless and transitioning look.
Beveled edges are only found on laminate floors with a full plank or 1-strip design; you will not find beveled edges on a 2-strip or 3-strip designs.
Beveled laminate flooring edges can come in different styles with different depths of the grooves. You will often find a normal bevel, micro-bevel, or even deep bevel edge. A Pressed Bevel and Rolled Bevel planks are a less dramatic bevel design, as the slope is smoother and displays a softer transition between boards.
The Types of Beveled Edges
- Micro-Beveled Edges: These edges exhibit a very fine V-groove on all four sides of the plank or tile. Each micro-bevel has the same finish as the surface, creating a beautiful plank effect.
- Normal Beveled Edges: These edges exhibit a noticeable V-groove on all four sides of the plank or tile. Each bevel may have the same finish as the surface, or it can have a smoother texture creating a “cut wood” appearance.
- Deep Beveled Edges: Deep v-groove on all four sides of the plank are added for a natural appearance. Usually, each groove has the same finish as the surface, however you may see laminates with a distinct and darker edges to highlight the character of the floor, such as in French Bleed style floors.
- Pressed Beveled Edges: Recessed, sculpted pressed beveled edge on the all edges of the plank offers a rustic, handscraped wood look.
- Rolled Beveled Edges– The surface design and color of the plank “roll over” the edge creating the industry’s most realistic plank look. This soft slope almost blends into the flooring itself.
Beveled edges are desirable as they offer a real and genuine flooring look and are easy to maintain with a quick sweep. Beveled edges can offer a variety of styles – whether they are rustic, traditional, or even modern or contemporary you will see this edge type on many different floors.
Do you have additional questions we can answer for you? We will be happy to help! Post your question in the comments or call us at 1-800-520-0961. You can also browse our wide selection of beveled edge laminate flooring. Don’t forget to request your FREE sample online!