This quality underlayment offers unbeatable sound quality plus an extra-thick moisture barrier.
- Fast & Easy Installation – Install underlayment quickly and easily with attached lip and tape system. No more hassle of using multiple products.
- Advanced Sound Absorption – Reduces noise levels within and below a room. Helps eliminate hollow sounds and noisy floors.
- Superior Moisture Protection – Full moisture barrier with extra thick pad protects floors from moisture and vapor damage. May be installed over all types of sub-flooring and concrete.
- Lasting Support – Protects the structural stability of your floor and prevents it from sagging and buckling.
- Mold & Mildew Resistant – Closed cell technology and vapor barrier prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Patented Technology – The Absolute®patent is the original and best underlayment system on the market.
Gather your supplies before you begin your underlayment installation to make sure you have everything you need within reach!
- Quick-Step UniSound Underlayment
- Broom or a Shop Vacuum
- Utility Knife
Step 1: Clean and Prep the Subfloor
Having a properly prepared subfloor is a key to any flooring installation. Check out the details for concrete and wood subfloors. Make sure the subfloor is structurally sound, level and is free of dust and debris. Check for protruding nails and/or defects in the subfloor. If installing over concrete, the concrete must be dry with moisture emission rates that do not exceed 3lbs. per 1000 square feet per 24 hours as measured by the Anhydrous Calcium Chloride Test. After you have done everything to prepare your subfloor properly, it is time to begin the installation.
Step 2: Begin Your Installation
Install one row of UniSound Underlayment parallel to the wall in the opposite directions as you plan to install the flooring planks. Cut the UniSound Underlayment with a utility knife leaving at least 2″ going up to the wall. Install the planks, but be sure that you are able to see the edges of the UniSound Underlayment so that you can properly line up the next roll.
Step 3: Installing the Second Roll
Install the next roll of UniSound Underlayment, butting the foam seams together. Make sure that the foam overlaps the film overlap a full 3″ to obtain a uniform vapor transmission barrier. If installing the UniSound Underlayment on concrete, or below grade subfloors, be sure to remove the adhesive liner and adhere the foam to the film overlap.
Step 4: Continue Until Complete!
Continue to install the planks and the UniSound Underlayment, as in Step 3. The final 2″ of the UniSound Underlayment will be covered by finish molding or trim if no molding will be installed.